Raymond Showcases Integrated Intralogistics Solutions At Promat 2023
Continuing its history of innovation, Raymond unveils new forklifts and integrated technologies to support complete intralogistics solutions
GREENE, N.Y., March 20, 2023 — The Raymond Corporation continues to showcase its century long history of innovation and will highlight the latest in intralogistics and material handling solutions at ProMat 2023. Attendees of the show, held March 20 to 23 at Chicago’s McCormick Place Convention Center, can visit Raymond at Booths S1903 and S1703 to see and learn more about the complete line of Raymond intralogistics solutions.
“For 100 years, Raymond has been designing products to help customers optimize their operations and bring new levels of performance to their warehouses and distribution facilities,” said Michael Field, president and CEO at The Raymond Corporation. “We’re proud to provide some of the industry’s most advanced products and solutions, and we’re looking forward to highlighting those products at ProMat 2023.”
ProMat 2023 attendees will have the opportunity to learn about a variety of Raymond’s material handling equipment, energy solutions, connected technologies and automation products.
New Material Handling Introductions
Raymond has built a reputation based on quality, innovation and service. Its complete line of electric forklifts are built to perform with increased efficiency and productivity:
- Raymond® 8810 side entry pallet truck. Model 8810 brings superior maneuverability, comfort and productivity to a wide range of material handling and low-level order picking applications. With a best-in-class turning radius, ergonomically designed features and easy access from either side, Model 8810 allows operators to work more easily and ride more comfortably.
- Raymond 8530 rider stacker. More economical than stand-up counterbalanced trucks and more productive than walkie stackers, Model 8530 offers exceptional versatility and capability. Ideal for horizontal transport, low-level order picking, and vertical pallet handling applications, Model 8530 can handle floor or first-level loads with ease and can interface with racks and conveyors.
- Raymond 8630 tow tractor with cart. Model 8630 is ideal for high-capacity, high-volume transport and batch picking operations, and it offers a full 15,000 pounds of towing capacity to handle more carts and to lower the cost per move. At just 33.25 inches wide, Model 8630 can easily work in tight, congested areas; an 11% grade capability allows exceptional performance on ramps.
- Raymond 4800 and 4810 sit-down electric counterbalanced trucks. Models 4800 and 4810 are both designed specifically for outdoor applications, making them perfect for lumberyards, building material suppliers, container yards, agricultural and commodity applications, and any other application requiring an emissions-free lift truck that doesn’t compromise on performance and ease of use.
Telematics and Connected Technologies
Raymond not only designs and builds industry-leading equipment but also offers a broad range of intelligent warehouse technologies, including operator assist technologies. Raymond’s iWAREHOUSE® intelligent solutions allow facility managers to gather valuable data and connect directly with their fleet, assets and workforce to enhance productivity, accuracy and reliability:
- iWAREHOUSE telematics. The iWAREHOUSE Fleet and Warehouse Optimization System provides a full suite of tools to enhance the productivity of both operators and vehicles and offers actionable fleet utilization data to help drive down costs.
- iWAREHOUSE Real-Time Location System (iW.RTLS). Using powerful geofencing and zoning capabilities, iW.RTLS helps keep lift trucks, operators and pedestrians in the right place at the right time by slowing a Raymond lift truck or bringing it to a controlled stop within predefined zones. Zones can be created around pedestrian areas to notify operators that they are in predetermined zones with objects of concern or around other facility environments, such as height-restricted areas, freezer areas and very narrow aisles.
- iWAREHOUSE FieldSense (iW.FieldSense) proximity notification system. Designed to reinforce best practices while enhancing environmental awareness, iW.FieldSense uses magnetic field generator technology to see through and around racking, corners and most objects to alert properly equipped pedestrians and lift truck operators when they come within a predefined distance of each other. iW.FieldSense can provide three levels of awareness: truck-to-truck, truck-to-pedestrian, and truck-to-facility.
- Raymond Zoning and Positioning (ZaP) technology. Raymond’s ZaP options ensure more reliable, repeatable lift truck operation by automatically controlling many orderpicker and turret truck functions in very narrow aisle, wire-guided applications. Operators can learn more quickly, perform the task more accurately and work more efficiently, instead of searching for locations. Zoning applications limit lift truck functions such as lift height and travel speed according to the unique features of a given facility, while positioning functions guide the lift truck to the next storage location, taking the fastest, most efficient path.
Integrated Intralogistics Solutions and Automation
Raymond and its network of Solutions and Support Centers provide the technologies, systems and solutions that bring warehouse and distribution operations to exceptional levels of performance. As operations explore automated functions, they frequently must engage multiple vendors to arrive at a complete intralogistics solution. Raymond instead offers a complete integrated system solution — from material handing products to semi-automated and fully automated solutions integrated as a complete system for pallet or product movement with minimal labor:
- Raymond Automated Swing-Reach® truck. Facility managers can free their lift truck operators to focus on more critical tasks while the Raymond Automated Swing-Reach truck moves, retrieves and stores pallets — reliably, accurately and autonomously. Regenerative lowering offers reduced downtime and improved energy efficiency thanks to fewer battery charges, while natural feature recognition allows infrastructure-free navigation. Automated and manual modes allow full pallet handling or case picking.
- Raymond high-capacity reach trucks. With a unique stability system, heavy-duty mast frame and a universal forward-facing stance, Raymond high-capacity reach trucks offer an exceptional operator experience, along with the highest lift heights, heaviest capacities and the fastest cycle times in the industry. On display in the automation booth and equipped with lithium-ion technology that is engineered to integrate seamlessly into Raymond’s family of forklifts, Energy Essentials Distributed by Raymond® lithium-ion batteries deliver greater efficiency, superior capacity retention, faster charging, longer run-times and lower total cost in a reliable, low-maintenance power solution.
- Raymond Courier™ 3030 automated stacker. The Raymond Courier 3030 automated stacker features a 72-inch reach capability and 2,500-pound capacity, making it ideal for pickup/drop-off, end-of-aisle and end-of-line applications, as well as end-of-line and in-line conveyor picking. Additional features in the enhanced version allow faster travel speeds in automatic mode; lane staging, to load or unload rows of pallets without having to train each location within the lane or keep track of pallet positions within the lane; travel in areas with lower vertical clearance and with low-clearance arch; and secondary object detection with new light detection and ranging, or lidar, technology.
- New Raymond Courier Automatic Charging System. Enhance labor efficiency by automatically charging Raymond Courier automated guided vehicles (AGVs). Choose when and how the AGVs are dispatched to the charge station: off-shift/full charge; low battery/partial charge; or inactivity/opportunity charge. No manual unhitching is required with the drive-thru configuration; AGVs can be charged while towing carts.
- Raymond 8510 center rider pallet truck with the patented Pick2Pallet™ LED light system and the patent pending Raymond Advance™ Operator Assist Technology. Ideal for heavy-duty picking applications and long-distance horizontal transport tasks, the 8510 rider pallet jack delivers outstanding comfort, control and performance. The Raymond Advance™ Operator Assist Technology minimizes the pick cycle time by allowing the operator to remotely command the lift truck to travel tractor-first in an aisle between picks. The operator can remain on the floor in optimum picking position, minimizing travel to and from the lift truck.
- Raymond High Capacity Orderpicker. With an industry-leading elevated height of 456 inches, the new High Capacity Orderpicker allows order picking a full rack higher than other current models, giving operators access to 11% more pick slots and reducing annual cost per pallet stored by 19% compared with competitive models. Built for use in e-commerce applications, the lithium-ion battery technology allows fast, convenient charging, while the In-Aisle Detection System helps operators avoid obstacles in the lift truck’s path.
Raymond offers a variety of training tools designed to help bring new operators up to speed and reinforce training for experienced operators:
- Raymond’s next-generation Virtual Reality (VR) Simulator. Raymond’s next-generation VR Simulator is a flexible, scalable teaching tool that uses the latest immersive technology to bring new hires up to proficiency more quickly and to continually expand operator skills for reduced turnover. The updated simulator features a new wireless headset with improved graphics rendering, making training simulations feel more realistic and immersive. The new simulator also has a smaller footprint, allowing for easier transport between training sessions.
- New Raymond Integrated Tether System. The Raymond integrated tether system is a training tool designed to reinforce operator best practices and can be integrated on Raymond’s Swing-Reach and orderpicker forklifts.
Experts from Raymond will offer educational seminars open to all attendees of ProMat 2023:
- Reduce Costs and Improve Operational Visibility With Smart, Connected Warehouses
- Tuesday, March 21, 11:15 a.m. to noon — Theater H
- Navigate Operational Challenges and Maximize Labor Productivity With Complete Intralogistics Solutions
- Wednesday, March 22, noon to 12:45 p.m. — Theater A
To see and learn more about the complete line of Raymond intralogistics solutions, visit Raymond in Booths S1903 and S1703 at ProMat 2023.
For more information or to locate an authorized Raymond Solutions and Support Center, visit www.raymondcorp.com or call 800-235-7200.
About The Raymond Corporation
The Raymond Corporation, a Toyota Industries Company, is a leading global provider of best-in-class material handling products and intelligent intralogistics solutions. Built on principles of innovation and continuous improvement for 100 years, Raymond’s integrated automation, telematics, virtual reality and advanced energy solutions provide ways to optimize operations and bring warehouse and distribution operations to a new level of performance. Raymond® electric forklift trucks are engineered to achieve increased productivity and efficiency and are designed to provide ecological and economic benefits. Raymond delivers solutions to material handling and logistics markets in North America and globally. Combining operational excellence, award-winning innovation and world-class global customer support, we work together to run better, manage smarter and keep our customers always on. For more information, visit and follow us on , , and .
Energy Essentials Distributed by Raymond®, iWAREHOUSE®, Pick2Pallet™, Raymond®, Raymond Advance™, Raymond Courier™, Reach-Fork®, and Swing-Reach® are U.S. trademarks of The Raymond Corporation.
©2023 The Raymond Corporation. All rights reserved.