Raymond Invites Students to Virtual National Manufacturing Event Oct. 1
Program encourages students to build skills for future; follows journey of young professionals at Raymond
GREENE, N.Y., Sept. 21, 2021 — The Raymond Corporation will host a virtual Manufacturing Day event, Building Skills for the Future, on Friday, Oct. 1, 2021, between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET. National Manufacturing Day is an annual nationwide celebration of the manufacturing industry organized by the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM).
This year is the second year that Raymond’s Manufacturing Day will be an entirely digital and virtual event. This online program will help teachers and students learn more about what future careers in advanced manufacturing really look like. Students will learn about building skills for the future through a virtual manufacturing facility tour, highlights of industry technology and discussions with Raymond’s leadership team.
A new and exciting addition to the program this year includes following the journey of young professionals working at Raymond in a variety of programs and roles, including the Broome-Tioga Board of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES) Youth Apprenticeship program, Raymond’s co-op program, and a young professional who works on the manufacturing floor as a Swing-Reach Assembly Supervisor.
- What: The Raymond Corporation will be hosting its seventh annual Manufacturing Day event. The event will be a self-guided, interactive, exploration of The Raymond Corporation, including:
- A virtual factory tour, in which students can explore Raymond’s manufacturing floor.
- Associate testimonials, including a high school student who is part of Raymond’s apprentice program; two student co-ops from universities; and a young professional who works on the manufacturing floor as a Swing-Reach Assembly Supervisor.
- A technician spotlight, which will showcase two Raymond Solutions and Support Centers from across the United States
- Industry technology showcasing the future of manufacturing.
- When: Friday, Oct. 1, 2021, between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET. This is not a live event, and participants are free to join at their convenience throughout the day. The experience is expected to take approximately one hour to complete.
- Where: www.raymondcorp.com/ManufacturingDayRegistration
- Who: This virtual event is open to all middle school and high school students via teacher registration. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Interview Subjects: Steve VanNostrand, executive vice president of human resources, The Raymond Corporation.
About The Raymond Corporation
The Raymond Corporation, a Toyota Industries Company, is a leading global provider of best-in-class material handling products and intelligent intralogistics solutions. Built on principles of innovation and continuous improvement for over 95 years, Raymond’s integrated automation, telematics, virtual reality and advanced energy solutions provide ways to optimize operations and bring warehouse and distribution operations to a new level of performance.Raymond® electric forklift trucks are engineered to achieve increased productivity and efficiency and are designed to provide ecological and economic benefits. In partnership with Toyota Advanced Logistics Solutions, Raymond delivers solutions to material handling and logistics markets in North America and globally. Combining operational excellence, award-winning innovation and world-class global customer support, we work together to run better, manage smarter and keep our customers always on. For more information, visit raymondcorp.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
About Manufacturing Day
Held annually on the first Friday in October with events that continue throughout the month, MFG Day—Manufacturing Day—helps show the reality of modern manufacturing careers by encouraging thousands of companies and educational institutions around the nation to open their doors to students, parents, teachers and community leaders. As manufacturers seek to fill 4.6 million high-skill, high-tech and high-paying jobs over the next decade, MFG Day empowers manufacturers to come together to address their collective challenges so they can help their communities and future generations thrive.
###Raymond® is a U.S. trademark of The Raymond Corporation.
©2021 The Raymond Corporation. All rights reserved.