Raymond and its Solutions and Support Centers Express Gratitude in 2020
Raymond and its network of Solutions and Support Centers across North America supported numerous nonprofits and educational organizations, spanning a variety of needs and charitable causes.
GREENE, N.Y., November 19, 2020 — In 2020, it was important for The Raymond Corporation to continue focusing on collaborative ways to show support to nonprofit and educational organizations while expressing gratitude to those who went above and beyond to help those in need. Raymond and its network of Solutions and Support Centers across North America supported numerous nonprofits and educational organizations, spanning a variety of needs and charitable causes.
At a corporate level, Raymond heard the appeals for protective equipment from healthcare workers battling the COVID-19 pandemic. Raymond’s innovative engineering team and associates showcased their gratitude by 3D printing and assembling more than 2,500 face shields and distributed them to hospitals and emergency responders throughout Chenango and Broome counties in New York state.
“During this extraordinary year, Raymond and our network of Solutions and Support Centers knew how important it was to demonstrate our core company values of quality, reliability and service by supporting our greater communities,” says Steve VanNostrand, executive vice president of Raymond. “We are humbled by all those who have gone the extra mile to help those in need. With heartfelt gratitude, we thank our associates who continue Raymond’s mission of gratitude and giving.”
Here are some distinctive examples of Raymond’s authorized Solutions and Support Centers giving in 2020:
- Carolina Handling [carolinahandling.com] and its team of associates supported Berryhill School in Charlotte, North Carolina, by volunteering after hours to hand out food and supplies to families in need, as well as hosting a food drive in which enough snack items were donated to feed the entire school for a full week.
- G.N. Johnston Equipment [johnstonequipment.com] continues to support Big Brothers Big Sisters of Peel in Ontario, Canada, to ensure Canada’s children have the tools they need to stay healthy and reach their full potential through this needed organization and their wide range of mentoring programs.
Breast Cancer Awareness — Pink Pallet Truck Auction
- Raymond Handling Solutions [raymondhandlingsolutions.com], Raymond Handling Concepts Corp. [raymondhandling.com] and Handling Systems [handlingsystems.com] raised over $11,000 for Breast Cancer Awareness through their seventh annual Pink Pallet Jack Project online auction in October 2020. All proceeds from the auction were donated to the New York-based Tina Fund [donorswhocare.org], Seattle-based Northwest Hope and Healing [nwhopeandhealing.org], and Breast Cancer Angels [breastcancerangels.org] in Los Alamitos, California.
- Abel Womack [abelwomack.com] donated a Raymond® 8210 pallet truck to Filling in the Blanks, a nonprofit organization in Norwalk, Connecticut, that helps fight childhood hunger by providing children in need with meals on the weekends.
- Malin [malinusa.com] donated a Raymond 8210 pallet jack to support food distribution at Food for the Soul, which feeds the hungry and cares for the most vulnerable throughout 15 counties across North Texas.
Holiday Turkey Donations
- Brauer Material Handling Systems [braueronline.com] donated over 1,500 turkeys to nonprofit organizations, including Nashville Rescue Mission [nashvillerescuemission.org], Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee [secondharvestmidtn.org], Veterans of Foreign Wars and American Legions, Sumner County Food Bank [sumnerfoodbank.org], Praise Chapel Food Pantry, Goodlettsville Help Center [goodlettsvillehelpcenter.com], Manna House in Knoxville, and Chattanooga Area Food Bank [chattfoodbank.org].
- Raymond Storage Concepts, Inc. [raymondsci.com] supported the Inter Parish Ministry food pantry in Cincinnati, with a donation of a Raymond 8210 pallet truck to support growing needs and easily allow inventory to be moved within the facility during a time when it was needed the most.
- Pengate Handling Systems [pengate.com] supported the Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York when it needed rental trucks to support its growing needs. Pengate provided a Raymond 4250 counterbalanced truck and 8410 pallet truck at no cost.
- Heubel Shaw [heubelshaw.com] continues to be a sponsor for the RISE Foundation, which supports the Memphis, Tennessee, community by providing financial literacy tools, workshops and resources to help families build assets and make better financial choices to enable them to accomplish specific goals and even to help start small businesses.
Raymond Solutions and Support Centers offer service and support across North America. As total intralogistics solutions providers, they provide a broad range of consulting, connected solutions, technologies, services, material handling equipment and more to support the ever-growing needs of the material handling industry.
To learn more about The Raymond Corporation, visit www.raymondcorp.com or call 800-235-7200.
Raymond® is a U.S. trademark of The Raymond Corporation.
©2020 The Raymond Corporation. All rights reserved.