COVID-19 Updates and Information
The Raymond Corporation has followed the coronavirus (COVID-19) developments with the utmost care and concern. Our efforts are vital and essential in supporting businesses including food distribution, warehouses, medical supply and the overall supply chain. This is critical to our country during this crisis. With the significant developments regarding COVID-19, we remain committed to following the guidance of the federal, state and local governments and continue to implement a number of precautionary measures.
Like so many of you, we have spent the last several days and weeks learning about COVID-19 and how it is impacting our world. For Raymond, that means understanding how it affects our employees, customers, and communities and then making the necessary localized adjustments to our work and our operations.
We want our customers to know that we are in this together and are committed to working with you to keep your operations up and running through this difficult time. We remain open to serve your needs during these unprecedented times with flexible solutions such as rentals, virtual and in-person service, maintenance, parts distribution and optimization efforts.
As this is an ever-evolving situation, we promise to you that we will continue to follow the guidance of our federal and local governments as well as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and will quickly communicate any necessary updates.
Friday, March 27, 2020
We wanted to share an update about how The Raymond Corporation is responding to the rapidly evolving COVID-19 epidemic. Designated as an essential business by New York State, it is imperative we fulfill our commitments to our customers, many of which are producing goods essential to keeping the nation’s supply chain and relief efforts moving during this unprecedented crisis.
Starting Monday, March 30, 2020, we will have a partial opening of our Greene, New York, facility in order to produce a limited number of critical components for essential businesses. The remainder of the Greene plant will remain closed and we will plan to resume production on Monday, April 6, 2020. This work schedule for critical activities will allow us to fulfill our special responsibility as an essential supplier. Any future decisions that may affect production schedules at any of our corporate locations will be relayed when those decisions are made.
Protecting our employees’ health and well-being is a top priority, as is ensuring that our customers are able to keep running. A few of the efforts include:
- Communicate regularly with employees to ensure they are aware of and comply with current COVID-19 related policies or procedures.
- Maximize cleaning and disinfection efforts for all common areas and throughout the facility.
- Closed on-site fitness centers.
- Instituted telework and alternative work-schedule arrangements for employees whose job duties allow work-from-home.
- Restricted domestic and international air travel for business-related purposes.
- We are proactively engaging our field technicians to follow CDC guidelines, implement cleaning best practices, and to follow our customer’s internal COVID-19 procedures when on-site in the workplace and while visiting customers for any service and maintenance needs.
- Using all available virtual communication technology to support our sales, service and products to help meet customer requirements.
- Continuing to follow all precautionary steps to maintain required levels of hygiene and cleanliness throughout our facilities, including social distancing protocols.
Thank you for your on-going commitment to work together through this unprecedented time.
Monday, March 23, 2020
We continue to prioritize our employee’s well-being with the utmost care and concern, while respecting The Raymond Corporation’s designation as an essential business that is crucial to our customer’s business and the nation’s supply chain.
Considering the national response to COVID-19, the Executive Team at Raymond has decided to implement a number of precautionary measures for our employees. The following
actions are effective Monday, March 23, 2020.
- Raymond’s manufacturing facility in Greene will be on a one-week temporary shutdown as of March 23, 2020, with a reduced production staff.
- Raymond has instituted telework and alternative work-schedule arrangements for employees whose job duties allow work-from-home.
Raymond follows all precautionary steps to maintain required levels of hygiene and cleanliness throughout our facilities, including social distancing protocols.
Let us know how
we can best support you.
We, along with our vast network of Sales & Services Centers, are here to support your essential business and keep your fleet up and running by continuing to provide your customer distribution and warehousing uptime needs.